terça-feira, fevereiro 13, 2007

Same same but different... love you longtime

Hey guys!

I am loving my trip, I'm in the outskirts of Bangkok where I am overnighting in order to make it to the floating market tomorrow early morning before all the other "farangs" get here.

The experience of being a travel photographer has been awesome. It is very tiring because if you try to cover from dusk to dawn... well... yeah. Long days walking, looking for things, and often amazing myself at life elsewhere and at how I could have possibly stayed without travel for so many years.

Bangkok is amazing.This is my 3rd time here and this time I chose to do it differently. Not only the focus is my photography but also because I always used to get trapped in the infamous Khoassan Road and never explored the city much. Or perhaps was playing it too safe? Well my buggers are black now, I can say I now know BKK well. :c)

It is daunting, let's be honest. Anyhow, I have found this little bit of heaven in the middle of chaos, best staff, clean and groovy decor! It's a relief to be away from young backpackers, too!...And my room has got air con and the place has a terrace on the roof that has amazing views.

Having trouble to shoot long exposure on digital without getting noisy files, but hey it's all about learning innit? Have got some really beautiful shots, and am learning as I go along which is great. Shots happen very quickly, in a matter of seconds, and I am getting back to the mode of being always alert and ready, which is what I used to be like before RMIT! haha

On the other hand, luck is crucial. I went to visit the Marble Temple which has a very interesting architecture, and guess what? Monks were being ordained in a special ceremony. Vie jumps in, of course. I got the shot I've always wanted. But pleasure is not evident and doesn't happen always. For instance, I didn't have a good day today, due to my lack of research, only cos I got home last nigth at 11pm and didn't feel like doing any homework, so sunrise was missed, theatre was closed, dances were not where they were supposed to be, shop moved elsewhere, tuc tuc driver took me to a jewlery shop instead of what I asked... and the list goes on. Oh well... Even when it's wrong, it's still pretty good.

The skies in Bangkok are of this really dull blue, polluted and ugly. So thank you Ric for inspiring me to get to know them. :c)

Enough of photo talk. I am well, I am happy and in one piece, still. The plan is to stay here for another 4 or 5 days and then move on towards Laos. Yes I packed way too much and I don't think I can score in my Thai fish bum look alike pants... I saw this very cute monk today meowwwwwwwwww He also looked like a bum in this mustard wrap. We could make a great pair! Something about the sacred... go figure! lol

Have not socialised much as I tend to think every man I meet is here to get laid and see some ping pong ladies action! So many POM's and Germans hanging out in bunches and thinking they are much better men because they can finally get a shag...Yuck! So for that reason I have stayed away from prostitution... I want pretty things for now. Also because I have no time to sit down and chat much. I think it's get better to do the job the smaller the city and the more laid back it gets from now on...

Have seen some amazing places, Bangkok can be very charming and there are many many cool options, excellent bars and tea houses (in a bit of a western way, but hey there's so much fried chicken feet and other irrecognisable items you can handle - sorry, I am definitely well well well world travelled and all , but sometimes it is a bit much! ).

Enough.

You probably won't be getting another one soon as I happen to be bored tonight in this no man lands town. Heading towards Laos soon, then on to Vietnam, yay!!!!!!! Life's good.

Definitely.

Blown kisses,

Vie